Friday, February 27, 2009

earth&sky-old post

hm, first blog.Today was my ridiculous computer class. The day started off with a double tall extra hot soy latte and three madeline cookies while listening to the newest findings in science and astronomy on NPR. By the way, look up Hurt, his artistic view on the milky way is intriguing.I attempted to be positive about the class in which I initially dreaded. As I arrived an hour early, and walked around to get a feel for the campus energy, I stumbled across a small shady area which, perhaps, was subconsciously serenading and drawing me hither. I sat there, in a sort of trance, somewhat of an unexpected peace and solitude. With morning sunshine and a cool breeze, I sat, reading Into the Wild. The most inspiring story I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.Two years he walks the earth.No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, 'cause "the West is the best." And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the Great White North. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.— Alexander SupertrampMay 1992have a lovely night,yours, abby

No comments:

Post a Comment